Hey, no one wants to be stinky but you might be loading your armpits with major toxins every time you apply your deodorant.
How about a safe alternative that eliminates the stink!
Honestly, everyone's preference for deodorant varies. Below you'll find 3 options. We hope you find one that works for you! Remember that everyone has different body chemistry and preferences so if you don't like your first try with natural deodorant, try another.
Labels for deodorant can be found here
Makes 4 ounces
- 4 ounces magnesium oil or witch hazel
- 10-15 drops essential oils
- 4 ounce glass spray bottle, found here
- Make the magnesium oil if using homemade magnesium oil. This can also be purchased at health food stores.
- Pour in to glass spray bottle and add any essential oils if using.
- To use: spray a small amount on underarms and rub in gently. Let dry for about 5 seconds.
Note: Stinging can sometimes occur if used right after shaving or if you are low on magnesium. This should subside after a few days.
Makes about 3 ounces
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons arrowroot powder or non-GMO cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons shea butter or hard coconut oil (the coconut oil will feel more slippery, or greasy under the arms)
- 30 drops essential oil. I recommend you do 15 drops of melaleuca and then another combo that you like. Orange is nice, but beware of sun exposure, or try a nice floral (geranium, lavender, ylang ylang) or woodsy (fir, cedar wood, juniper berry) scent
To Make: In a large bowl, stir together the baking soda and arrowroot powder (or cornstarch together). Add the shea butter to the powders. It’s easier to mix this with your hands. Work the shea butter into the powder until crumbly. Add in essential oils. Continue mixing. Use a hand mixer to cream the mixture. It will seem too dry,but be patient and keep mixing, alternating between hand mixing and using the hand mixer if needed. Transfer to a 4 oz jar.
To Use: dip finger into the cream, a little goes a long way, and apply underarms.
Roll On Deodorant
Makes 30 ml
30 ml roll on, found here
- Carrier oil, such as FCO
- 5-10 drops essential oils. Use 5 drops melaleuca. Choose from lavender, geranium, bergamot (avoid sun exposure if using), peppermint, basil, Siberian fir.
Combine oils in bottle. Apply under arms as needed.